Our Complaints Process

We are continually aiming to provide high quality services to every one of our clients and their family. By listening to the people we care for and their family, we will improve our services and continue to make them safer and more responsive. Sharing and learning from what our clients and their families tell us will help us to improve the delivery of care.

 We treat compliments, feedback and complaints as learning opportunities to improve our quality of service.

If you wish you can provide your feedback whether it is good or bad, very easily either by letter or an email.

If you are dissatisfied with our service, please talk to us directly by discussing your concerns with the care managers who will strive to resolve any issues speedily. We ask that you give us the details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident occurring.

We take all complaints we receive very seriously and we will work together with our clients to sort out their concerns as speedily as possible.

You can make a complaint:

  • Verbally (in person or by phone)
  • In writing
  • Electronically via email

To make a complaint please contact

The Registered Manager
Direct Care Tameside
8 Commercial Brow
SK14 2JW

Tel: 0161338366

Email: Directcare@hotmail.com

You may also use an advocacy service

Cloverleaf Advocacy
Tameside Advocacy Service
Manchester Road
Ashton Under Lyne
Greater Manchester
Tel: 0161 207 0706

Our promise is:

“To put clients first at all times”

Direct Care will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receiving it and start a thorough investigation. All Complaints are investigated within 20 working days and we will provide you with a formal written response within 28 working days of the date of complaint. In exceptional circumstances we may request more time to conduct our investigation, if this is the case you will be kept fully informed and provided with a revised response date.

Complaints which raise concerns regarding safeguarding will be brought immediately to the notice of the Registered Manager and the local authorities Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB), following our safeguarding policy and procedure.

We will endeavour to do everything possible to resolve your complaint. But if you are still dissatisfied with the final response from the Direct Care manager you may either escalate the matter by complaining to the Local Authority Adult Services.

If you do decide to escalate the matter and the Council and you are unable to resolve matters to your satisfaction and you remain dissatisfied by the Council’s final response, you still have the right to complain to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

TMBC Complaints

Level 4 (Information and Improvement)
PO Box 317
Tel: 0161 342 3535

Adult Care Complaints Administrator

Derbyshire County Council
Freepost DY76
County Hall
Contact No: 0162 953 2236

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsmen

PO Box 4771

Contact No: 0300 061 0614

Website: WWW.lgo.org.uk